Thursday, March 20, 2014

"My Personal Reflection of The Yellow Wallpaper".



      My personal reflection of "The Yellow Wallpaper" is fantastic because I believe it was the best short story I have every read. I believe this story was well-written description of a "nervous" woman's descent into full madness (p.1).The story is told from the depths of mental illness- clear, vivid, amusing, disheartening and striking! I loved the development and description of the story. I think the drama and the tone of the story made it better. Also I loved the horror of the story, it made it more creepy. I also loved the suspense in the story, it made me think more about the story. Also the story had a lot of cliffhangers, which made me want to read more.“The Yellow Wallpaper” is another example of men that had a lot of contorl throughout the late 1800′s. It’s a reflection on the basis in which this country was at my point. First, I believed that John’s behavior toward his wife contributed largely to her madness. Not only because it’s my personal opinion, but also because this same idea is throughout the text. Secondly, the wallpaper represents sadness, desperation, agreement, and oppression. in all I believe that this story foresighted a new “beginning” in American society. (p.2).The beginning of woman rights and authority as well. I really liked how Gilman was the authorand she wrote about what happended to her in the 1800's. After reading this, I really think it would prepare me in the future. In High School we have to read short story's with strong academic vocabulary. "The Yellow Wallpaper" was just the start of it. I believe the blogger was a little difficult at first, but then I got the hang of it when I knew how to use it. I loved how Blogger was formatted. It was easy and simple, I liked how I got to pick my own template. I believe the assignments were a little bit rushed, I could of used a little bit more time. From Gilman writing, I learned how to become a better writer. I learned how to use different vocabualry teckniques and sentence structures. My favorite part of the story was when Jane saw another woman inside "The Yellow Wallpaper, it really made me think about whats going to happen next. My least fvorite part was when Jane died from her serious illness. To be honest, I will not change anything. I will keep everything the same. I really enjoyed taking time and doing this project, I had a lot of fun with it.


 
 

This pictures shows you that you have your own personal reflection of anything. I put this picture up because I talked about my personal reflection of "The Yellow Wallpaper".





Links to Sources
I found these sources valuable to me because it taught me how to write a awesome perasonal reflection.
http://isthismystory.com/2011/08/how-do-i-write-a-good-personal-reflection/
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-reflection





Definiton of Category
Personal Reflection requires the researcher to reflect upon, and evaluate, their own experiences, memories, values and opinions in relation to a specific issue or topic.

                                                                                                                                   


                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. i want to work on reflaction in yellow for my fashion thesis .....plz if u can explan the story or some hints about it.....

    ReplyDelete